The New Kitchenhoarder!

Hello everyone! Kitchenhoarder has a shiny new home at kitchen hoarder.com

Avocado Pasta


Hi! It's been a while, I know. The thing is, it's been one thing after another over here. I injured my back a week or so ago, which really destroyed my essay-writing schedule. So now I'm knee-deep in the unpleasant job of finishing two long essays, and then studying for an exam. It must be because it's been (or feels like it's been) so long that this time has been more difficult than in previous years. I just feel so tired of it! Four years (!) of university education, and it's all coming to a head. I know, light at the end of the tunnel and all - but it's taking a damn long time getting out of this tunnel.

Everyone says that you'll miss school once you're not in it, and of course I will. But for now, I just want to feel like I'm free!!! Until I'm done with my exam, I don't foresee myself having the time to blog, so this will be the last post for a while - a month or so, maybe. I just need to buckle down and do it.


I'm pretty bad for stress eating while studying/writing, but I find the best way to avoid stuffing my face with jam donuts just because I can is to eat relatively healthily anyway. I saw this recipe for Avocado Pesto on A Cozy Kitchen and I was intrigued! I really love avocado, and I really, really, really love pasta but I had never thought of putting the two together.

I didn't follow her recipe exactly, because I didn't have all the ingredients. Actually, I basically had an avocado and some pasta, so I had to make do. I just mashed up one avocado, minced one clove of garlic, chopped up some rocket finely and mixed all those up together. I squeezed on the juice of half a lemon and seasoned with salt and pepper. I boiled up some wholemeal pasta (told you this was healthy), reserved a little of the cooking water, and then drained it. I returned the pasta to the pan, stirred in the avocado pesto and a glug of extra virgin olive oil. I poured in just enough pasta water to loosen it, and then I ate it with a few extra rocket leaves on top. Delicious! Not for everyone, I guess, but if you like avocado, DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment